Friday, January 30, 2015

Week in Review!

I have not blogged in detail about a week in a LONG time. Lately, I have been missing those busy days (years) of having two kids at home with me. It all changes so quickly. My days look a lot different but they are still filled to the brim.  One thing is still the same and that is that I LOVE being with my kids and it is the greatest privilege of my life to spend my days with them and for them. Something that I do not want to take for granted. It's been a great week in Nashville!

Monday: It was a dreary day - not the best weather for motivating me get stuff done. We all slept late like 7:50 late. Evie's bus comes at 8 so Plan B is for me to take her to school. We dashed around the house making lunches and getting dressed. Our house is super close to the school - left at 8:25 and was home by 8:35 after dropping off my favorite kindergartner. I may or may not have thrown a pullover on over my pajamas for the car line! Henry and I came home to finish getting ready. Then, I dropped off my favorite three year old at preschool. I ran to the YMCA and then had a few errands. Nothing too exciting, came home to clean up a bit and then picked up Henry from school. Evie came home at 4 and immediately started hysterically crying as soon as her feet hit the grass. I was prepared for the worst but her tears were the result of leaving her favorite pink coat on the bus. Not sure why she did not just turn around to get it. Oh well, I locked the house and made a bee line around the neighborhood to catch the bus. HA! Caught up with Mr. Gus and rescued Evie's coat for her and returned home before Henry even knew that I left. Evie felt awful about her coat and I felt awful about my reaction! UGH! Oh well, it was nothing a little hot chocolate and a few rounds of Spot It could not fix.

Tuesday: We woke up on time so our day got off to a much better although earlier start! Henry stays home with me on Tuesday which is so fun for us both. We made a Trader Joe's run and then ran a few errands in Green Hills before heading to a committee meeting. Henry played with Declan while we worked on our Family Fun Night! I am co-chairing an event for Evie's elementary school in February with a friend and it is a lot more work than we anticipated. We are having a ball doing it together just lots of calls, meetings, and behind the scenes stuff.  After that, Henry and I went to Comcast to return our old cable boxes - that went surprisingly well with zero wait time. We made blueberry muffins for a snack and waited for Evie. She came home in a much happier mood and wearing her pink coat. We left for swim team practice. Evie LOVES to swim and LOVES being with other swimmers. Evie is the youngest one on the team but is keeping up just fine. She has made friends with a second grader and I have made friends with the mom who teaches at Evie's school. Everyone knows everyone and there is a connection to everyone in our little town. Brooke and I walk and talk on the track to pass the time and grab a little exercise too. We came home for a quick dinner, bath time and bed! Carl is out of town this week so no cooking dinner. That saves a ton of time but we sure miss Carl.

Wednesday: Henry woke up at 6 - ugh. Way too early! I am used to a 7:00 wake up call. Henry and I were watching all kinds of new shows this morning that I did not even know existed. I woke Evie up at 7:30. She really is a Sleeping Beauty! Luckily, she wakes up in a pleasant mood most of the time since I have to wake her almost every day. Evie requires at least twelve hours of sleep! I dropped Henry off at school and then went to Evie's school for my weekly volunteer spot in her classroom. It's my favorite part of the week! I just love being in a school and love even more being in Evie's classroom. It is really fun getting to know Evie's classmates and learn new ways to help Evie be successful.  I did some PTO work while I was there and then had lunch with my sweet girl who still holds my hand and wants kisses. I love my Evie so much! I came home to grab a snack and change into some workout clothes. Then, I met my friend, Kristin, at the YMCA for a workout. Exercise is so much better with a friend. I am pretty sure I am never going to run a marathon but if I decide to train it would be with Kristin. We can talk for hours and time passes quickly so maybe running would too. I came home again - thank goodness we live close to all of these places. I picked up Henry and since it was sunny and 50 degrees - we played outside a bit with all his preschool friends. Henry is beginning to really enjoy his friends and talks about them a lot. Evie wanted to be a car rider today so of course I picked her up. School dimisses at 3:35 so I leave my house at 3:40 or a few minutes before and I have Evie by 3:50. It's a LONG line but it goes quickly. Evie's school does a terrific job on keeping the line moving which helps a lot. She usually prefers the bus but everyone enjoys a change of pace. Both Henry and Evie needed a haircut so that was our first stop and then we went into Publix for just a few things. YIKES! Shopping with two kids at rush hour is not the best experience for anyone! We came home for an early dinner, then a Veggie Tale and some clean up time. Henry went to bed early since he woke up early and Evie worked on her homework with me. Carl got back into town this afternoon but had a dinner meeting. It's good to have him back!

Thursday: Henry and I cleaned out his closet this morning and did a few things around the house together. After lunch, we headed to our friend Jack's house for a playdate! Jack is super fun and his mom, Annie is a terrific friend for me. Our boys had a blast playing in the backyard while we visited and played with Baby Caroline. Henry adores babies and would make a perfect middle child. Sorry, Henry you are going to be our baby forever. We came home from Jack's house and Henry rode his bike in the driveway and played in the garage a bit. Then, we made brownies for Carl to take to work. Henry loves to bake and sample the treats. Evie came home from school and we had time for a quick snack and then headed to swim team. Carl met us there so he could see Evie swim and grab a quick workout. Evie was so proud carrying his bag in the Y for him. We came home for dinner - beef stew and then bedtime. Henry had a bad dream within ten minutes of falling asleep - a hippopotamus ate him up. He was okay after a hug and a little rocking. I am so thankful Henry loves to be rocked! Evie is staying up a bit later but plays quietly in her room so it is fine. I turn her lights off at eight and then wake her up between 7:30 and 7:45 every morning. I went to bed early too! Carl got to enjoy some quiet since his week has been extra busy.

Friday: Evie left for school and Henry helped me with some morning chores. Then, I took him to school then ran a few errands for weekend groceries, Valentines and a few other things. I worked on some tasks for my committee.  I met Kristin at the Y for a workout and then came back home to finish some things around the house. Henry was excited when I picked him up to tell me all about his bear hunt at school. He was adamant that it was a pretend bear hunt. Henry is not a fan of animals! We went to get slushies to celebrate another week of school and then picked up a pizza for dinner at Papa Murphy's! Evie will be here soon! We are looking forward to a terrific weekend. 

1 comment:

  1. Y'all should totally run a race, you'd be hooked! Go for it!


Thank you for your comment!