Friday, October 18, 2013

Five on Friday!

Bow is crooked but our days with bows are dwindling!

Henry hanging out in an old swing with his favorite snack. Popcorn!

Happy Friday, Everyone! Here's my Five on Friday.

1) We are so excited to have my best friend from college and her family coming to visit us this weekend. It's their first time to Nashville. Candice and I have been friends since freshman year at College of Charleston in 1998. Her husband, Carl and my Carl get along great and we have three kids between us. It's sure to be an interesting weekend!

2) Halloween Joe Joe's are out at Trader Joe's. My kids love any and all things pumpkin so of course we picked up a box of cute little Jack o Lantern cookies. They sure are tasty!

3) I met up with a few friends for dinner last night. We tried a new spot in town, Granite City. I was not that impressed with my food but my wine sure was delicious. Santa Margarita Pino Grigio is one of my favorites so I splurged. I love sneaking out for a bit with my friends! We had a blast.  



4) I am loving all the sweet notes that my students write me these days! There's nothing better than a class full of kids that adore you except my two kids at home.


5) One of my students did not have their homework in class so her mom sent me a picture of it! That cracked me up and was another reminder of how things change. Can't wait to see how I will get Evie and Henry's missing homework to school! I am hoping that they take it themselves but that's a whole different story.

Enjoy the weekend and soak up this fabulous month of October!

2 comments:

  1. #5 is so funny!! wow, so typical of this century! next time tj's has the cookies, STOCK UP!! have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those notes are precious! And the last one is hysterical;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!