Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas Magic: Presents, Rockette's and Gingerbread










We have had a lot of fun the past few days! My parents arrived on Thursday and the kids have had a ball. Nana plays a lot more than Mama. Evie and I took Nana on some girl's trips. Uncle Ben helped assemble some toys. Ipop kept us entertained with his latest YouTube videos that he has found.

Henry has been sick for a week. Carl took him to the doctor and found out he has a double ear infection, a busted ear drum and needs tubes. He is on a super expensive antibiotic so I am hopefully that he will feel better soon.

We had Christmas with my parents and brother on Friday night. Evie and Henry racked up with some super fun gifts. Evie loves her new ballerina doll, Alexis and Henry really likes all his new vehicles. New toys occupy my children much better than their old toys.

Evie has been sleeping in our room so Ben could have her room. We loved having her in the room with us and she enjoyed all the extra attention.

On Saturday, my mom and I took Evie to see the Rockette's. It was a wild goose chase to get there since it was near the mall. Evie loved taking a ride with a security guard to get to the show. After all that adventure, we were so thrilled to arrive to see the show. It was worth the adventure because it was spectacular! Can't wait to go back with Henry in a few years. We all enjoyed the show.

It was a pretty low-key weekend with Henry under the weather but we enjoyed celebrating Christmas with my family and hanging out at home.

My family left this morning and Evie was devastated. So, we watched a movie while Carl took Henry on a jog. We enjoyed some family time before naps. Evie and I went to a gingerbread decorating party at her friend Andrew's house. We rode with Courtney and Christian and Evie told me that was her favorite party. She has a thing for riding in different cars these days!

It was a rainy, gloomy night so we all settled in by the the fire watching some movies together. Now, it's time for me to get busy with wrapping, cleaning and last minute details. Can't believe that tomorrow is Christmas Eve!

2 comments:

  1. Poor Henry and poor you! I hate that he is under the weather and has to have tubes, but I think you will find it an extremely easy procedure. If Sam should happen to need them we will not wait like we did with Avery, hoping he'll grow out of it. How fun to start your Christmas celebrating early. I can't wait to hear about the rest and see what Santa brings. Merry Christmas to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi aunt Jennifer it's Mary I feel so bad for Henry.Hope he feels better soon.Hope your having a fun Christmas. I hope we will be able to see you'll soon.MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! Hi it's Lucy I hope.Henry feels much better I hope you have a MERRY.CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I hope you have a fun CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A very fun CHRISTMAS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!