Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Beach Food or Football Food?

Carl and I both quickly tire of boring sandwiches so I decided to use this amazing recipe while at the beach. Our friends Ben and Katherine made this when were at Pawleys in May and it was perfect beach food. I have decided it would be perfect football food too - tailgating or watching from home. 

Pulled Turkey:

1 turkey breast - I bought this at Fresh Market because they have tiny ones but Publix sells turkey breast quarters that work well too.
1/4 cup pepper
1/4 cup salt
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup Apple Cider vinegar
1 bunch of parsley, chopped

Mix all the ingredients inside an oven roasting bag. Put turkey in bag and marinate overnight in refrigerator. 

Remove from refrigerator and poke 5-6 holes in the bag. Cook at 300 degrees for 4 hours.

Remove from oven. Cool and then pull meat off bones to shred.

Put about 1/4 cup of juice from bag and mix with meat. 

Yummy! Serve on Whitehouse Rolls or slider buns with sauce if desired. We use vinegar based sauce but we LOVE North Carolina BBQ. 

Since, you already have some parsley make this cheeseball while you are in the kitchen. My mom shared this recipe with me years ago and I make it all the time! You can use fresh or dried parsley. 

Cheeseball:

1 8 oz. package of cream cheese
2 T. of Italian Dressing mix - a little more if you like
1 T. of butter
2 t. parsley

Roll this into a ball and then grind fresh peppercorns on top. The multi-color peppercorns make it look pretty. This is delicious on water crackers or wheat thins. My kids love this for a picnic lunch or dinner with some fruit. 


1 comment:

  1. Two great, new-to-me recipes! I'm always looking for new ideas for easy lunches and dinners. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!