Sunday, November 13, 2011

Weekend Wrap-up!







We had a fun weekend! Courtney and I headed out to The Container Store and had a blast. It was a little overwhelming because the store is literally overflowing with organizational tools. I cannot wait to go back soon!

Carl held down the fort with the kids but I am pretty sure he was glad to see me walk in the door. That's how I feel at the end of every day . . . ready for another pair of hands to wrangle the kids.
Everyone took naps and then Carl picked up some Thai for dinner. I was in bed asleep by 8:30.

Evie has been a handful for the last few days. I am hoping that she is just tired from the time change.  She did great at church this morning but melted down pretty much immediately after we got home. Carl was outside putting together the play set our neighbors gave us. She kept asking to take a sleep - that's how she refers to a nap - so I put her down without any books or songs expecting her to balk at the idea. Instead, Evie was passed out within minutes so I am hoping her behavior can be linked to exhaustion. Henry slept for a bit too but kept waking up. Early naps will mean early bedtimes tonight so maybe that will help us all get back on track.











Carl had the whole neighborhood outside helping him put the play set together and it looks fantastic. Evie thinks play sets are parks and asks me to go play at the park in her boys yard. We are so appreciative of our neighbors for giving us this play set. It's a real perk to have neighbors with older children because they are always looking to pass on toys as their children age out of them.

Evie woke up from her nap in a fantastic mood. We took her outside and let her notice the new play set. She was so excited and kept saying that she had her own park in her yard. Evie is going to love having another place to play.

1 comment:

  1. What a fun play set, and how lucky to get it from neighbors. Henry looks so cute and grown in the swing. I can't wait to hear more about The Container Store. I need playroom ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!