Friday, June 21, 2013

Five on Friday!



Whew, this week went by so fast! Not sure where the time goes sometimes while other days seem like weeks before they are over. Here's my Five on Friday.


Window Treatment: Courtney was kind enough to  whip-up  this gorgeous window treatment for the kitchen. We love it! It helps create the allusion of a nice polished kitchen - empty glasses and all. I loved all the natural light that came in before but my window needed some color - this did the trick while still allowing some light into the kitchen. Thanks Courtney - you are talented in so many ways!




Swimming Lessons: Evie has learned so much at her new lessons. Three weeks down! They are intense and Henry is absolutely about to drive me crazy. It's hard for him to sit for 30 minutes while she is in the pool. I take puzzles, cars, snacks and even an occasional lollipop but that only holds him over for a bit. He threw my flip-flop in the pool this week during her lesson. Henry is going to give me a run for my money!

Hair: I had my hair colored yesterday and wanted to share a tip that I learned. My stylist increases her prices every few months because she is talented and people keep paying. I asked her if I had to choose between a cut and color with her - what did she recommend? I was totally expecting her to reply with color - after all it's more expensive. Surprisingly, she said the cut is more important for everyday styling and a fabulous cut is hard to fake while anyone can do color. Casey, referred me to another stylist AKA: Cheapo Colorist and I could not be happier. All my grays are gone for the moment and my hair is still pretty much my natural color. 


Wild Ginger: It was time for a Moms Night Out to celebrate Christina's birthday! We were all in desperate need for some time away - summer is hard on a Mama! Wild Ginger was the perfect venue for delicious food, wine and a beautiful night to enjoy dining alfresco. So much fun! I adore the brisket tacos - delicious!!!

Henry's Friend: I had Henry by himself two days this week while Evie attended camp. It was so easy to just have my little guy and he's the sweetest buddy ever. We met his friend Abigail for lunch and they immediately covered each in hugs and kisses, drank chocolate milk in unison, and both refused to eat their lunches. I need to take more time for Henry and his friends like I did for Evie. We had a wonderful lunch and Abigail's Mama is so sweet. Of course, in typical second child fashion - I failed to snap a picture of Henry with his friend. Perspective changes everything and taking one kiddo to lunch seems like a cinch when compared with 2.

Happy Friday, Y'all!

THE GOOD LIFE BLOG

10 comments:

  1. I love your window treatment! Wonder what I need to do to get Courtney to come to VA? I bet she would be easier to work with than the fancy place my MIL recommended :) Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new valance...the material is great!!!! Oh, and Evie's swimsuit is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like everyone else, loving that new valance and especially the fabric! Now you have me itching for a trip to Mill Outlet to do something for our bare breakfast nook. And Evie most definitely looks like an Ipock in that second bathing beauty picture! I can see Ben and your mom the most in her facial features!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The window treatment is perfect! I think the pop of color is a great addition to your kitchen.

    My stylist is SUPER expensive too-- I don't even like to admit how much money I pay to have my hair colored and cut. I know it's just because she's great and she's a top stylist, but I also think it's the area we live in. I have light brown hair naturally but after years of highlighting it's almost all blonde now and I'm worried about trying someone new in fear of them ruining the years of great work. Silly, right? Nothing makes you feel better than some time at the along though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the curtain. You shld hang it higher to make the window appear larger!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the window treatment and Evie's little swimsuit!! Precious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the window treatment! We have a similar window in our kitchen that needs something...something like this would be perfect! I'm loving Evie's adorable monogrammed suit-so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore Evie's swimsuit!!! So stinking cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the new window treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so sweet my friend and you give me too much credit! Love how it looks in your already gorgeous kitchen and thanks for trusting me to do it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!