Thursday, June 6, 2013

Pullen Mill Farm


I had a wonderful time at the farm with my new fourth graders! One of the board members at the school invited us all out for some bonding before school starts this fall. It was a blast! Terry's house is gorgeous and she has Southern Hospitality down pat. She thought of every detail and made everyone feel so welcome. 





Terry and her son, Chandler had the schedule jam-packed with activities from 4 wheeling, archery, kayaking, spoon races and even pie making. Every detail was prepared for in advance and the kids really soaked up that country atmosphere. Nothing was off limits and that's so good for kids to experience life without boundaries. 

We made homemade ice cream this afternoon and then enjoyed a pot luck dinner in the dining hall. Everything was delicious and food always tastes better after spending so much time outdoors.

Terry made Summer Breeze which was new for me. Simple syrup, grapefruit juice, ginger ale and rosemary. All the girls thought they were so fancy drinking out of their flutes.









What a gorgeous home and decorated so beautifully. It was a pleasure to spend the afternoon there soaking up the simplicity of life in the country. Cellphones do not work there, Internet is spotty and there is way more to do than sit inside.











My new students are lots of fun and full of giggles. I have 10 girls and 2 boys and will teach reading a few hours on Tuesday and Thursday while my kids are at preschool. Pretty excited about sharing my passion for reading again. Can't wait to get back into the classroom with these kiddos. It's going to be an adventure!

5 comments:

  1. So excited for you and envious of such a neat opportunity! After we talked about this I looked for similar programs but we just don't have the families doing it. It looks like you have a great group. Your pictures are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is wonderful, jennifer!!! so excited for you! and what perfect hours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great start to this wonderful opportunity, Jennifer!! I've been excited for you every since you shared this with me over coffee. How can you not fall in love after this dose of southern hospitality with your new students? Love the farm house and decor. And now I'm dying to do a painting of that barn!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great opportunity. I love the farm setting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting! Please share more info! I can't wait to hear.
    PS: I also love 'Hands-free Mama". I have my jars of warm fuzzies on my kitchen counter and it's been FABULOUS!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!