Sunday, January 19, 2014

Weekend Wrap-Up: Sunshine and Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse

 
It's been a spectacular weekend here! Sure, hope your weekend has been great too. Friday, we started off the fun with a play date with The Porter family. Evie and Jacob have been friends since they were little babies and now the siblings play too. I made this delicious soup for lunch and we celebrated birthdays with miniature cupcakes for dessert. It's definitely worth making if you love tomato soup. I'll be making this one again soon. Not much better than a playdate on a cold Friday morning!

Carl came home a little early on Friday because he had strep throat! Three out the four of us ended up on antiiboitics. YUCK!  Luckily, the meds work quickly and everyone is feeling much better.




Saturday was a low-key day. I had a little cabin fever by the end of the day. It's so hard being stuck inside on all these cold days but anything under 40 degrees is too cold for outside play for me. Our kids have watched way too much TV and have exerted energy in some very creative ways. Spring, hurry up and come soon.


Sunday, everyone slept late until about 7:30 and we rushed out the door for church. Picture quiality is pretty bad but at leaast I was able to capture the moment. We stopped by Brugger's on the way home and then Carl took the kids outside to play for a bit. That gave me a chance to change sheets and disinfect a bit. It felt great to see and feel the warm sunshine. Everyone needed a little Vitamin D.




Evie and I headed off to the Nashville Children's Theatre to see Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse. I am not sure who was more excited. I am a HUGE Kevin Henkes fan and find his books appealing to all children. The adaption of the book was amazing and Evie and I both had a blast. It was defontely one of those afternoons that I will always treasure. Evie took my hand when we got there and told me she loves doing things for the first time with me and that this was her first play. Raffi came along for the ride too. What a fun afternoon! I look forward to going back to see Lyle the Crocodile in a few months.


The rest of our day was spent watching movies, playing birthday and making cookies. It was not the most exciting weekend but it sure was filled with fun with our family.

Hope your week gets off to a wonderful start! We are looking forward to MLK Day - no school means another chance for fun with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!