Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Evieisms



Evie makes me smile every day! Some days more than others but always more than anyone else. What a pleasure it is to spend my days with my sweet, smart, beautiful daughter. Here are a few of her latest comments. Carl asked me how I remember all this stuff and I told him my secret. It's a notebook. I can quickly record a few words so that the phrase will jog my memory later. There's no way, I could remember all this stuff, since I can barely remember what I had for breakfast. Cinnamon toast and a yogurt parfait in case you were wondering about breakfast.

We were looking at class pictures from when I taught school. Evie wondered aloud, "Who are all these children and why are they with you?"

I left her downstairs to go feed Henry and she told me, "Don't worry, I'll be just fine."

We passed a jeep while driving down the road. Evie was quite concerned the jeep was missing some doors. "Oh no, that jeep does not have any doors. Him is breaking the rules. You gotta have doors He's silly."

Putting on shoes seems to be a major decision around here so I usually offer her a choice of two different pairs. I asked Evie which pair would be best and she told me that she'd just wear her feet!

Carl and I have recently decided that food stays in the kitchen. Carl had a snack in the den and Evie let him know in no uncertain terms that food belongs in the kitchen. "Daddy, just drinks in here, not snacks."

I often remind Evie that Henry lives here too when she is trying to boss him around. Well, she got me back the other day. Carl was reading over my shoulder and I asked him to move back in a less than kind tone. Evie quickly reprimanded "Daddy lives here too."

Henry was crying on the way to take Evie to Bible school. I was trying everything to get him to calm down when Evie announced that she knew why he was crying. "Mommy, Henry is crying because I am going to Bible school and he is going to miss me. I'm his sister."

We were heading to the park to play and Evie was dressed like Belle. I told her that she needed to take off the costume and put some clothes on before we could go to the park. Evie was not too pleased about this since she practically lives in dress-up clothes. Then, it dawned on her why I asked her to change clothes, "I know why I need to change clothes. People at the park might think that I am a real princess. That'd be so funny." You are right, Evie, they might think you are a real princess!

3 comments:

  1. Those are too cute! I'll have to remember the notebook idea when Davis is that age!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Evie stories! I keep notes on my phone and iPad. Ive needed to do a post like this for months. My goal is this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is priceless! I cannot wait to see what is in store for my sweet baby girl in the next two years...I'm sure lots and lots of laughs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!