Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Preschool Open House





Evie has been looking forward to "her family going to school" for a long time. Tonight, was the night! Of course, poor Henry had not napped well all day but he did just fine. I suggested that Henry could stay home with me so that Carl could meet her teacher. Evie did not like that idea one bit. She kept saying, "No, Mama, everyone has to come. 1, 2, 3, 4 - all 4 people in the family."

We love Evie's teacher Ms. Karen. She is so nurturing and has a natural rapport with the children which makes her a perfect preschool teacher. Evie has already learned so much and I was very impressed with the writing curriculum - that phrase should be taken quite lightly but it is the beginning of learning how to write correctly with lines and circles. Ms. Karen's classroom was filled with pictures of the children, vibrant artwork and loads of interesting materials.

Evie showed us all around her classroom and giggled with glee. It was interesting to see what a "rule follower" she is in the classroom setting. Carl walked over into the other part of the classroom and Evie quickly reprimanded her Daddy. "That's not where you are supposed to go. We have to stay over here." Pointing and gesturing to make herself clear. Evie wanted to get some water out of the water fountain, check out the sanctuary and of course had to say hello to the scarecrow.

It's always a treat to get a peak into Evie's classroom. We feel so fortunate to have found such a small, sweet preschool for Evie. I'll admit that car line sealed the deal.

2 comments:

  1. What a fun night! I love to hear about pre-school as that is a hot topic for us this year. Avery will go somewhere but I'm not sold on the program where I teach. I also can't decide if she should start the 3 or 4 year program with her summer birthday. Evie's program sounds like a great fit for you all. I think we're waiting on the train table until Sam can enjoy it as well. Avery is getting the big Fisher-Price dollhouse as one of her 3 or 4 items. I have no idea where to get a good train table. I do know I want to go with the wooden Thomas items even though they are a little pricey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how excited she is and how she wanted you all there!! Thanks for posting your chowder recipe. I want to make it soon!

    William's pants and that shirt were a set...the brand is Beehave and we got them at a boutique here at the beginning of summer!! I wish I did have a hard time finding clothes for him...the problem is I see them everywhere :( Ugh!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!