Monday, October 1, 2012

Weekend Wrap-up: Dragon Park and Soccer















We had a super low-key weekend. Saturday afternoon, we headed out to Dragon Park, to play and enjoy the gorgeous weather. It was a great surprise to arrive at the park and there was a huge free festival filled with lots of fun things to do. Evie had a blast - pumpkin painting, eating apples, jumping on the bouncy houses, having her face painted and seeing all the dogs. Henry and I enjoyed eating oatmeal chocolate chip cookies that were delicious! That's a perk to living in Music City, there is always tons to do and much of it is free or at least family friendly.

Carl and Evie played lots of soccer because Evie wanted some lessons. It was so funny because Evie uses her own terminlogy for pretty much everything. She kept shouting, "Watch out Daddy, I am going to soccer it over to you." Or, my personal favorite, "Let's go soccering."

We enjoyed lots of time outside, ate some yummy food - pan seared pork tenderloin and chicken corn chowder. Long walks around the neighborhood, lots of time together with a few time-outs sprinkled in for good measure.

I went to an alumi event for my sorority on Sunday night and it was good to see a girl that I went to college with many years ago. It's still hard to believe that I have been out of college for 10 years! I met some new people and enjoyed a night off from Mommy Duty. Some of these women have devoted so much time to the sorority even decades later which I find admirable. Although, I have no idea where they find the time to write hundreds of rec letters, serve as advisers to local chapters or attend conventions.

Weekends are always fun but it's time to catch up on laundry and housework. Hope your week is off to a terrific start.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, did you make the chicken corn chowder? Would you share your recipe, sounds great!!! :) Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't believe how much henry and evie are starting to favor each other! and how grown up evie is looking! :(
    love the pic of them on the swings together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having Steve at home every day is a true blessing and I'm grateful for it every single day! I'm jealous of where you live and your great neighbours/friendships! It sounds wonderful to live in a place with so many fun and family-friendly activities... we're really lacking that here.

    Yes, Emily is still very sensitive. She gets easily overwhelmed and the slightest thing can set her off. Some days she spends most of her time resting in her bed (it's what calms her down best). So interesting that Evie is not so sensitive at school. I imagine Emily will be brave but also very overwhelmed at times. I'll blog about Emily's first school visit soon!

    Glad you liked your guest appearance on my post! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's the recipe:

    1/2 chopped onion, 1 can of Rotel, and 1 16 oz can of broth. Cook in Crock Pot for 1 hour on low. I use about 24 oz. of chicken broth. After 1 hour, add 15 oz. of canned corn, 15 oz. canned cream corn, 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese, 8 oz. of Velveeta and some shredded cooked chicken. Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4. It is delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!