Monday, October 22, 2012

Weekend Wrap-up: Farmer's Market, Cheekwood and Outside Fun










We had a fun weekend with She She and Poppy. Carl took the kids and his parents to the Farmer's Market. I stayed home and enjoyed some blissful silence while working on some paperwork. We played outside a lot and enjoyed gorgeous Tennessee afternoons.

On Sunday, we went to Cheekwood for lunch and to check out the new train exhibit. Henry was infatuated with the trains. I need to take Henry back by himself because he loved it so much. We all enjoyed a delicious lunch out on the back deck of the Pineapple Room. Henry had his first taste of ketchup and found it quite tasty. Evie liked the scarecrows.

Henry fell asleep in the last few minutes of the ride home and I rocked him a bit to go back to sleep. Sweet boy!

We spent more time outside soaking up the sunshine. I sure will miss this beautiful weather when it turns cold. Fall is one of my favorite times of year.

Evie requested dinner outside and of course we agreed that was a perfect way to end the weekend.

Everyone enjoyed She She and Poppy visiting us.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun fall weekend! Where are you finding all the smocked pants sets? We are in need of some of those ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer -- I'm guilty of not paying enough attention to the current car seat recommendations; I just read/follow what the car seat says. On Jessica's seat it says rear-facing until 22 lbs or 12 months, which is about what she is. Although after you asked I read about it online and do feel the urge to switch her around!

    Also, about green tomatoes -- I've never tried fried green tomatoes!! I'd love to try but I wouldn't know how to cook them. I just place the green tomatoes in a paper bag with a few ripe tomatoes.. The green ones ripen after a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all your sweet comments on my blog! I sure do appreciate them :)

    Your kiddos are precious! I love going to the farmers market.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!