Sunday, March 18, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up!






We had a busy weekend! It was so much to have dinner with the Corrigan's on Friday. We had yummy pizza and salad. Homemade brownies made for a delicious dessert. Our kids had so much fun playing. Christian asked to hold Henry and was so excited that Henry smiled at him. So sweet! I wonder what is going through Henry's mind when he is around all these big kids. He sure seemed to enjoy himself and even tried pizza for the first time. Of course, that was a hit! We had so much fun that we did not want to leave. Evie told me that she wanted to sleep over there.

Henry woke up about 6:00 on Saturday so I took off in the stroller since we were already awake. I have learned that with two kids, exercise is much harder to fit in so early morning works best to make sure it happens. Evie and Carl slept late and we had a nice quiet house which is rare these days.  I ran out to the grocery store while Henry slept. Evie helped Carl wash his truck and then we all played outside after Carl got back from his run with Henry. Henry's naps have been super short for the last few days. I hope that he will get back on track this week.  He goes back this week to make sure his ear infection has cleared up.

We left around 5:00 for our small group dinner. A new family joined our group and they are very friendly. They just moved here from Oregon because they thought Nashville would be a cool place to live. Evie really liked their son, Phoenix, until he became a little too friendly with Henry. Evie continues to be so protective of Henry. She warmed up though and allowed Phoenix to roll a ball with Henry. She was quick to throw in lots of "That's my brother. I love him so much." We had to leave before dessert because it was way past Henry's bedtime. Torrential rain began right as we made it home around 8:00. Henry was so tired that it was difficult to get him to sleep and he woke up twice in the night. He was down for his nap again by 8 since he woke up so early. We made it to late church just in the nick of time. It was much more relaxing not to rush out the door. I had time to do a few things around the house and Evie went jogging with Carl.

 Evie was not interested in wearing her blue dress because blue is NOT her favorite! I tried to take a few pictures before church but it was not happening.






Evie squeezed Henry a little too hard and he does not like to sit still anymore. It's a rare picture of Henry being unhappy but he perked right back up. I was so surprised to see Henry sitting at a table and chairs when I picked him up from the nursery. My little boy is growing up too fast. It was a special table for babies but it was still a chair with no buckles. He looked so BIG sitting there eating his cheerios with his little friends. We stopped to pick up some chips and salsa on the way home. Church and lunch out is just too much for us. Then, Carl grilled hotdogs for lunch and we had a picnic outside. It was such gorgeous weather!




Our kids napped and I left to meet Courtney for a little shopping. She was so sweet to share her coupon with me and I got two new shirts at Loft. It was so good to get out for a little bit myself. I try to take a little time for myself every Sunday to help me prepare for another week. Our house is literally a disaster so I have my work cut out for me this week.

Evie wanted to go to the park so I took her for a little Mommy time. She was so happy and easy! Now, that I have two kids, it seems like a breeze to have just one with me. Henry is almost always content so it's funny that Evie is my easy one when it's just her with me. She feels special to have extra-attention and I am more relaxed without the extra stuff that Henry needs for an outing.  Carl and Henry were playing outside when we got back soaking up that nice warm sun. I put Henry to bed early and then Evie and I went for a walk. She seems so much heavier than Henry that I spend much more time walking than running.

Hope you had a fun weekend too!

3 comments:

  1. i don't know why, but i am surprised every time i see a new post and see henry looking more and more grown up! he is growing so fast! :(
    we have the problem with the too tight "hugs", too. libbi's hugs sometimes resemble a headlock. poor laney usually just rolls with it, though. she's a tough one...but she really doesn't have a choice - ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Henry's dump truck romper!!! They are both too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet, sweet family! Sadly, we won't be in Gastonia for Easter this year! One of these weekends, we'll work it out to be there together!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!