Monday, September 24, 2012

Weekend in Review

We had the most boring weekend ever but it was exactly what we needed!

Saturday: Carl worked in the yard so I took the kids to the YMCA with me. Evie was so excited because they had the bounce houses ready for jumping. She was even more thrilled with her smoothie! Carl was almost finished when we returned so we just hung out in the yard enjoying the gorgeous weather. Everyone besides Carl has been a little under the weather with a cold. Henry and I took a nap while Evie and Carl went to the dump to drop off the yard waste and some other old stuff. Henry was not a happy camper when he woke up but calmed down with some books and cuddle time.  We had an early dinner and went to bed. Carl stayed up to watch some football.

Sunday: We went to early church. Evie went to Children's Chapel instead of the nursery. She really liked it and calls it "Big Girl School" and even showed me the room when we picked up Henry from the nursery. We stopped for doughnuts on the way home. I took a nap and then fed the kids lunch. Henry and I went back to sleep. I knew that it would be a good idea to catch up on my rest while Carl was home to help me with the kiddos. Carl did a fantastic job of entertaining Henry and Evie while I rested a bit. Evie is still not napping but it's so nice to have everyone asleep by 7:00. I need to make her some "Quiet Time Bins" to use each day to keep her busy.

Nothing too blog worthy but it sure was nice to have a weekend at home with my sweet family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!