Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Riding Along in my Automobile!






Evie is really into cars these days specifically pink cars. Shocking, I know that Evie has a color preference even with her cars. Evie has been requesting way too much TV. It's so easy to get stuck in a rut with show after show. There is only so much Caillou that I can handle without losing my mind. After nap, I decided to pull out my transportation unit from when I taught first grade. Evie LOVED having her own road and spent the longest time driving her little cars. Be sure to notice that Evie is wearing her shiny shoes. She likes to be fancy even in her pajamas. Henry had fun too and thought the road was quite tasty. Evie was quick to tell him not to do that. "Hen Wee, we drive on roads not taste them."

I will definitely pull this activity out again. One thing about cutting back on TV is that the house gets a lot messier but it sure is more fun to play. Evie is so sweet! She said, "it was the best day ever" when I was putting her to bed tonight. Just a little construction paper, that's all it take to make her day.

1 comment:

  1. It always looks like y'all are having so much fun!!! I love those little strips of road, so creative! ;) I wondered when I first saw them if they were from your teaching days (I guess easy to spy those things when your mom taught school for 33 years haha!!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!