Friday, January 4, 2013

Week in Review: New Year, Playdates and Ears







It has been a fantastic week! I was a little worried that so much time at home with the kids would become a bit repetitive but we had a good time together.

Monday: Henry went to get his tubes done. Carl and I picked up Wild Wings for dinner and none of us made it to midnight.

Tuesday: We had a great New Years Day!

Wednesday: Carl left bright and early to head out to Montana for work. I bundled up the kids and headed to the YMCA. Too much eating out and too many sweets over the holidays means a little extra time at the gym. Later in the day,I worked on the glorious mess that is not so glorious anymore. It's so hard to get everything put away after Christmas! Maybe, I will get it done before the end of the month but even that seems like a lofty goal right now. Between Christmas decorations, closet changeovers, new toys and general household duties that I let slip during the craziness of the season - my house is just a mess!

Thursday: Kristin and her kids came over for lunch. I made my favorite potato soup and the kids played so well together until the end when Henry took a little nibble out of Anna. We are so sorry about that Anna! Evie and Jacob spent a lot of time on the slip and slide which cracked us up since it's so cold outside. Of course, they found a $5 toy more entertaining than anything else in our house. I took a little snooze with Henry while Evie created more mess upstairs.

Friday: Henry woke up so early but finally went back to sleep. It's very rare for him to wake up after Evie so it was nice to just have Evie for a little bit.We went to a friends house for a play date with a few Mama's and had so much fun. Our friend is just tickled pink right now and we are so excited for another set of pigtails to be running around here real soon. Evie is even jumping for joy that a baby girl is on the way. She really wants a baby sister but that's not happening anytime soon so maybe this will do the trick. Carl arrived home around lunchtime. Two nights away is not bad at all. I am usually going crazy when it's 4 nights but I can handle two nights. We were all excited to see him! It seemed like the perfect night to head out for dinner so we decided to go to Mellow Mushroom. YUMMY! Evie and Henry were so well-behaved in the restaurant and it was downright enjoyable plus my kitchen stayed clean. That's a win-win! We all took down the tree after dinner which is bittersweet. Carl is super fast at dismantling the tree and Henry seized the opportunity to nibble on a few more ornaments. It's been a terrific start to our weekend.

Happy Friday, Y'all!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that we aren't the only ones still decorated. I told Ned the tree has to come down this weekend! He feels the actual tree is only in his department, which leaves a lot of ornaments for me. So glad it was a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I love it when dinner out is downright enjoyable! ;) Yay Henry and Evie!

    So glad Henry's surgery went well on Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!