Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!


It really is 2013- that seems so hard to believe! New Year's Day is always anticlimactic for me and not my favorite day. I have finally learned this about myself and had a plan to get out for a bit alone. It worked and it's been a fantastic day.

Henry and Evie both slept until 8 which is always a treat. We had a lazy day at home with lots of football, pretend play and eating too much.

Carl made Paula Dean Greens that were just divine. Not healthy at all but divine! Evie requested that we sit in the dining room for our New Years meal so that was easy enough. We devoured our Southern New Years dinner of pork tenderloin prepared on Carl's new charcoal grill, Hoppin' John, those yummy greens, cornbread and my favorite southern veggie - Macaroni and Cheese.

It was a good start to 2013! Can't wait to see what this year brings for our family. Happy New Year to you all!

2 comments:

  1. My years run from August to June so I am not a big fan either. Dinner sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great day! We had a lazy one too. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!