Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

Evie made my Mother's Day very special! She even made me a card and put it in her crib for me! So sweet. Last year this time, my little baby was the size of a blueberry. Today, she weighs 13 pounds and 6 oz. so she's a wee bit bigger than a blueberry! Evie slept until 9:00 which made Mother's Day even better. Carl and Evie gave me a new laptop so I can keep up with my emails and blogs while on the road. I was thrilled because computers are way more fun than TV's.

My parents and brother came over for lunch. It's so nice to see them and we will miss living close by to them. Carl grilled chicken and we had mashed potato casserole, salad, green beans and rolls. I made Strawberry Shortcake for dessert with homemade whipped cream. My mom was very impressed. Doesn't take much to impress her - she's my biggest fan! Evie and Nana had fun looking at brochures on all the cool things to do in Nashville. Evie loves her Nana! I am noticing that desserts are becoming the theme of my blog!

Recipe for Mashed Potato Casserole:

1 box of Betty Crocker Butter and Herb Potatoes, prepared

1 block of cream cheese

1/2 cup of mayo

1 T. of onion powder - I use a little less

Sprinkle with cheese

Mix everything together. Bake for 45 minutes or until brown on top!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!