Monday, January 31, 2011

"Evie's Sick"

Evie coughed all night long. She slept late and was so sweet when I went into to get her. She looked up at me and said, "Evie's sick." Poor little thing has been so sweet and cuddly all day. That part has been special but of course I want her to feel better.


My best news of the month is that for the first time ever - I stayed under budget on our groceries. I am so proud of myself! We were out of town for a week so that certainly helped but I have really cut back on going to the grocery store. Carl is thrilled that tomorrow begins a new month because he wants some sausage biscuits. Evie is ready for some cookies and I am ready for some new beverages besides water. My plan to stay on track for February is to use our Costco membership more effectively. Mint.com has kept me informed on our numbers which has impacted my weekly meal planning. I have made a master list of 24 possible meals for February and will use that list to create our weekly plan based on our schedule. Let's hope this plan works. I will be sure to let you know how it goes. Please share any of your money saving tips.

7 comments:

  1. I just told Ned the other day that I need to cut my Walmart bill. We have a membership to Sam's that we need to utilize as well. I shop once a week and plan a menu but still feel like I'm spending too much. Do you count things like diapers, paper products, toiletries, etc. in your budget for groceries?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry Evie's sick:( I am now going to experiment with Mint because I'm inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I clicked before I was finished. I am praying Evie is better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on staying under budget. I really started working this year on using coupons, planning meals and eating at home more. I have also embraced eating leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go! You referenced Mint.com in an earlier post so I'll have to go check it out. Whereas my ALDI runs use to help keep our grocery costs down, I seem to find "other" things while there that I don't really need, which don't help my budget.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry that Evie is sick. I do love the extra cuddliness, though :)

    Awesome about your budget! I have NO advice for you. We're trying to stick to our food budget, too. I wanted to get a coffee while I was grading papers this morning, but reminded myself of the "big picture." Ha! I can't wait to hear more about your savings. Maybe you'll inspire me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!