Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Trouble with a capital T!

Evie sure was excited to see her Daddy this morning. Evie and I met some friends for lunch at Chuys. Hands down this is the BEST Mexican food that I have ever had. Chuys has a huge following and even has a Facebook page. Evie had three little incidents at the restaurant. HA!She pulled a plant off the counter, patted a man on the back and pulled a little girl by her hair. Evie is a BUSY bee. I felt so bad about the plant because the container broke into a million pieces on the floor and this is their grand opening week. Evie was trying to get Allie to come with us but I am not sure hair pulling was the best strategy. She was in my arms all three times but her reach is getting really long. Evie did great during lunch. She tried tortilla chip then she ate her lunch. I had tacos and they were scrumptious. Evie and I want to go back with Carl but it will be awhile because there was a wait at 11:00 on a Wednesday. I cannot imagine what it would be like at suppertime.

Evie has had short afternoon naps for the past two days. Oh no, just when I need her to nap the most! It was nice to have more time with my sweet baby since she only slept for 45 minutes. We went to Crockett park and enjoyed the beautiful weather. I cannot believe we will be able to walk to the Crockett from our new house. While we were walking, we passed another mom with her toddler. She told me that Evie was a very happy baby. Evie loves to be outside and was craning her head all around to check everything out.

Evie took a quick snooze on our way to Gymboree for open gym. Evie even made a new friend, Jansen. He is 2 and thought Evie was just fabulous. Evie crawled after him and he played with her. He said Evie was a pretty,pretty baby so of coure he won me over right away. I love seeing Evie playing with other kids. Another mommy had a baby carrier that she let me try with Evie. I am going to need something to contain her while I unpack. She loves to be held so she can see what is going on around her.

Evie was very tired and ready for bed by the time Carl got home from work. She went to bed early and we have not heard a peep. I tried to re-create yesterday's picture with a new outfit but I think the orginal is better. My camera battery died and the charger is in storage with our stuff. It might be time for me to learn to use Carl's camcorder.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm! I miss Chuys. There are a few in my hometown and we used to go all the time.

    Sounds like Evie had quite the day :)


Thank you for your comment!