Friday, November 6, 2009

When life gives you lemons - make Lemonade!

Our day got off to a great start! It was another beautiful day with clear, blue skies. Evie and I headed to City Hall to get our water turned on that's the way they do it in Brentwood. Nothing much seems to happen on the Internet. We get there and find out that they do not take credit cards or out of town checks. A cash deposit of $25 was required and I had $24.68. Luckily, the kind receptionist gave me the rest. That's Southern hospitality. I made a mental note to help somebody one day soon.

We headed to the UPS store to fax something and the owner would not accept my money. So we were feeling really great but I knew that something might happen - that's usually the case when everything is going really smoothly. Have you noticed that yet? It's just life.

I was pulling out of the shopping center and I heard my tire pop! Luckily, there was a church so we pulled over. I was not surprised to see that my tire was totally flat! Evie and I happen to know someone really well who works in the tire business. We call Carl to give him the news and he does not answer. No big deal - I call my friend to tell her that I need to reschedule our lunch date. She was so sweet and offered to come get me. Carl called back and sent one of his guys to help me out. Evie enjoyed the wait. She ate her lunch and crawled around the yard. Evie thought it was part of the plan. She did great. It could have been really bad if she had been cranky. We really enjoyed sitting out in the warm sunshine. Evie shared her cheese, crackers and fruit with me. Jason arrived in his big truck and fixed me right up. Carl told me that Jason was happy to come because he got to go home early for coming to help me out. No wonder he was in such a good mood. It all worked out and we made it home safely.

Evie was exhausted so I put her down for her nap. She slept for 2.5 hours. Maybe an hour of sunshine is the key to getting her to take good naps.

Carl got home and we went for a walk when Evie woke up. Pizza is on the way. Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!