Tuesday, November 10, 2009

We have a house!

Today we closed on our new house. Neither one of us slept well last night. Buying a new house is always exciting and scary. We have been through this process three times since we have been married so we have learned a few things along the way. Both of us have decided you forget some of the hard parts or you would never do it again. The sellers were supposed to be out at 4 and they still are not gone. They have SO much stuff and they are moving themselves. That's a tough job! Carl and I are fine with it as long as they are out in the morning. Our moving van should be here in the morning. I am really looking forward to sleeping in my own bed tomorrow night at our new house! Our minister told us that it's like we have been living in a hotel for 6 months. HA!

Evie has done really well today but she definitely knows something is going on around here. She helped (and I use that term very loosely) me pack some things today but she took two short naps so she was ready for bed. I think we were both counting the minutes to bedtime.

Tomorrow will be such an exciting day for our family. We are really looking forward to living in our new home and making memories there together. Carl did get his John Deere so he is set and I am ready to have a pantry filled with all of my kitchen stuff. It's going to be really busy around our house for a few weeks but it will be great to live in our home with all of our things again. We can't wait!

3 comments:

  1. How exciting! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats!!! that is soooo exciting! i can't wait to wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy getting settled in to your new house!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!