Friday, February 11, 2011

ARTPark!





Evie and I ventured out this morning for a Valentine party at ARTPark. Evie was so excited to see her boys. They had smocks on which motivated Evie to wear a smock. She does not like bibs and thought smocks seemed quite similar to bibs.


We had a good time but it was exhausting trying to keep Evie happy and to keep me from ending up with paint on my clothes. I needed my own smock! Evie likes to be within inches of me at all times. Sometimes this can feel a bit suffocating. I have a new perspective on this after watching some of the other Moms trying to keep up with their kids. Evie does not get too far away and when she has a Velcro like relationship with me it'd be pretty difficult to lose her. I LOVE holding Evie and hearing her say, "Hold me, Mommy." One day, I will miss my sweet little Velcro daughter when she wants nothing to do with me.


Our MOMS group treated us to pizza for lunch. After lunch, we decorated heart cookies. It was so funny watching the kids decorate their cookies. Evie's favorite decoration were the chocolate chips. It was a fun morning but I was ready for a nap after that adventure. Try out ARTPark if you live in the area - the mess stays there but the kids get an opportunity to be creative while exploring different mediums. They had lots to offer and we will definitely go back soon!


We are beginning to work on the big room switch. Evie is moving into our office and her room will become the new nursery. There is a lot to get done in the next few months so I decided to consign the couch. That meant, we did not have to move the couch downstairs which helped seal the deal on using the consignment store. They moved it right out in about 2 minutes flat! Let's hope it sells quickly.


Evie and I had a great afternoon. She is such a doll and has such a big personality. Carl came home and we had a little dance party with Evie. She loves it and keeps saying "again" so we will keep dancing with her. Warmer temperatures are headed our way and we cannot wait.

3 comments:

  1. How fun. Lucy would love to check out this fun new spot in TN this summer.
    And ALL our kids said, "HOLD YOU MOMMY!" Clearly they were copying my favorite phrase when they whined to be pick up ... "Use your words ... do you want MOMMY to HOLD YOU?"
    Music to a Momma's ears!
    Love & Blessings from Hong Kong,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun and the best part is, the mess stays there! Have a great weekend and enjoy the warmer temps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! Is Evie getting a big girl bed or staying in her crib? My wheels are already turning and I'm not even pregnant. As far as eBay, I try to search for specific things I've seen instead of having to search through pages and pages. They only big search I do is Kelly's Kids. I know in our house the nicer outfits only get worn a few times, so I'm sure it's the same for others.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!