Friday, July 23, 2010

Waiting!

Evie and I had such a fun day together. She gets more fun every day and I just love spending my days with her. I feel so fortunate to have this wonderful opportunity!

  We ran a few errands this morning. Evie has become quite friendly and loves to chat with people that she comes across. What a change from a few months ago? She still has a thing about really old people getting in her face. That makes her pretty mad and she does not really care if they are a grandparent but she likes them more once they give her a little space.

     I had to go pick up my number for the consignment sale tonight. Goodness, this has been an experience between the sorting, tagging, drop-off duty, number pick up, waiting in line to get inside, finding the clothes and then waiting to pay for them. The jury is still out on whether this was worth it or not. Evie did great while we waited for our number. We were #37 but there were literally thousands of consigners. Evie was exhausted by the time we got home and then Carl got home just in time for me to get to the sale. I bought 16 items and spent $65 which is a pretty good return on my time and money. Not to mention that I ran into a few friends and had the chance to catch up a bit. Too bad I was not as successful as Sarah Denley is at these type of things! Can't wait to see how much my stuff sales for. Of course, I had to scope out the area to see if any of Evie's stuff had sold. Most of it was already sold so that's always a good thing. It will probably seem worth it once I get my check.

 Carl and I just finished some okra soup for dinner. I am exhausted and ready for bed. Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you get a nice check from the consignment sale. We don't have a large one around here but I consigned some of Logan and Madison's clothes this summer and made about 60.00 which I didn't consider too bad.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!