Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Monkey-ing Around!


"Now, what is it that I am supposed to do with these."

Evie showing  Henry the ropes!

Deep in thought!


Evie and her egg! She finally cracked an egg tonight!

Evie does everything with a flourish.

Tasting Time!
 Our morning got off to a great start! Henry slept from 7:15-4:30 and then again until 7:30 when his sister woke him up screaming, "Mama, Mama, Evie's awake, come get me." Evie heard her brother and went into check on him and let him know that I'd be right there. It is so fun to see their relationship grow each day. Henry loves Evie so much and is quite mesmerized by everything that she does.

We hung out at home and Henry woke up a bit early from nap. I desperately needed to get out of the house after four days at home with Evie. Henry woke up at 9:35 and we were out the door by 10. That's a record, especially since none of us were dressed at 9:35 when he woke up.

It was so much fun to get out for a bit. Evie loves Monkey's Treehouse and it was so good for me to have some adult interaction. Henry just took it all in! We headed to Puffy Muffin for chicken salad since it's two doors down. I mean if you are that close . . . you just have to go! Evie wanted a cookie so I asked her if she'd like an M&M cookie. She promptly informed me that she'd like a Mocha Krinkle. That was a sign that perhaps we go there too much if Evie knows the name of their signature cookie. I learned that Mocha Crinkles have butter and sour cream in them - no wonder they are so good! Heavenly, that is the only way to describe the part that Evie shared with me.

Both kids napped for the same three hours again this afternoon which is such a treat! I sure hope it becomes a trend because it makes a great afternoon for me. Evie woke up in a happy mood! She is coughing a lot which we think may be allergies so we decided to stay inside. I mentioned that it might rain and she said, "yea, Daddy told me that." Just another reminder, that she remembers everything we say and do!

Henry kept on sleeping so Evie and I had a chance to snuggle on the couch and then I followed her around to prevent any accidents from occurring! Then, we made breakfast for dinner since Carl was not here. We are going to a brunch in the morning so both kids helped me prepare some pumpkin dip to take. Evie enjoyed the cool-whip which is something she has not had since the holidays last year. Henry just enjoyed it all! Pumpkin Dip is so easy to make. Cool-whip, cheesecake pudding mix and a can of pumpkin - whip it all together and serve with apple slices, ginger snaps or graham crackers. You can add a dash of pumpkin seasoning too.

I gave both kids a bath and put them to bed! There's nothing better than bedtime for a multitude of reasons but there's something about sweet smelling children in cuddly pj's that makes everything seem okay. Even if there were some hard parts to the day and there are always hard parts because raising children is hard work! Evie chose "Love You Forever" as one of her books and it was so special holding both my babies while reading that book in the rocking chair. Evie calls this the "cry book" because it usually makes me cry - the refrain is "I"ll love you forever, I'll like you for always. As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be."

Carl and I usually divide and conquer at bedtime which is great too but this was really sweet. I thought to myself - God, help me remember this - the smell of their shampoo, the weight of their bodies, the sound of their laugh and even Evie asking me why that Mommy did not have any books on her nightstand! I want to remember it all!

2 comments:

  1. Oh love your post! First, Henry always has the most nonchalant look on his face, it is so precious! Second, that book also makes me cry to the point of sobbing:) And Evie looks like such a big girl! Looking forward to seeing y'all later:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet, sweet post! Makes me teary! And I love Henry's expressions in the pictures. You can tell he really does observe everything his big sister does!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!