Wednesday, October 19, 2011

What a Beautiful Mess!


It's been a wild day here at the Nest! Carl has been out of town and Henry was up all night. Evie has just been Evie and I am exhausted. This posting is all over the place so consider this fair warning!


1) Fruit Tea: My MOMS Club had a Newcomer's Brunch this morning and I made some fruit tea along with the pumpkin dip that I posted about yesterday. Nashville is really BIG on fruit tea. I had never even heard of it before we moved here and now it's my favorite beverage! It's super easy to make and the measurements do not have to be exact for it to be refreshing. Take a gallon of tea, mix in 4 cups of water with 1.5 cups of sugar. Stir this together, then add a large can of pineapple juice along with a can of lemonade concentrate. Add a splash of orange juice if you like and a dash of almond extract. That's it! Try it, you will be hooked too. Also, my own mom mentioned to me that she did not realize that my MOMS group is a national organization. MOMS stands for Moms Offering Moms Support. All moms could use a little support and it's been wonderful for me and for my children!

2) S-32: Have you heard of this stuff? I just found out about it and have gone through half a bottle since Sunday. It's a multi-purpose stain remover and it works like a charm. Best part is  that it is really inexpensive at only about $2.00 a bottle. I bought mine at Publix and found it on the top shelf along with the other laundry care products. S-32 gets out stains the first time and even stains that you have tried everything else in the world on with little success.

3) Pajamas: It's time for me to get some new pj's! Any tips on places to get some cute ones? I like two piece sets for easy middle of the night feedings plus they are so much more comfortable than a gown.

4) Mess: Evie and I were playing late this afternoon with a bag full of paper cut outs. She was making a huge mess but paper is so easy to clean up so it did not bother me! She looked at me with the biggest grin and announced, "What a beautiful Mess!" Yes, Evie, it was a beautiful mess. It made me think of mothering in general. Lots of dirty diapers, dishwashers that get unloaded at 5:00, mountains of laundry and clutter galore but none of that matters to our children. Life is just a beautiful mess to them! Boy, were we happy to see Carl walk in the door tonight. Nothing says, "Welcome home, Honey" quite like Henry needs a bath, try to convince Evie to eat dinner and then put her to bed! He's always ready to pitch in which is just one of the hundreds of reasons that I love him. He does not even read my blog but he does check out the pictures.

1 comment:

  1. I HAVE to try that fruit tea and the stain remover! You asked about the letter plaque over my stove top...I wish I had a better answer, but it came from a home sale that I went to. I have no idea who the contact was that painted it. But, this gal, http://davidjessicamccash.blogspot.com/, made something similar fir my best friend for her birthday. You could contact her about making you something. She is super talented.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!