Sunday, August 22, 2010

Daddy's Back

Evie must have overheard me telling everyone how wild she has been lately because she sat in her glider and read books for almost 30 minutea. Be sure to notice that every single book has been removed from the bookshelf by a certain 19 month old. Then, she entertained herself beautifully in the bathroom while I vacuumed the upstairs. Evie is still not so sure about the vacuum and it's one chore that is accomplised without any help.

Evie sat still so long that I was not sure if it was really my little girl.  Sure enough, she had a slight fever but was fine after her nap. Evie has climbed into the window sill, sat on top of her little house, thrown balls down the stairs, foraged food from the pantry, and explored every nook and cranny of our home. She's definitely a toddler these days - a very strong willed toddler who happens to be super cute and extra sweet. It's been one long weekend but Carl got back this afternoon! Not sure who was more excited to see him. Evie yelled HI as soon he opened the door, then she played a few minutes and then ran to give him some kisses. She likes to play hard to get with her Daddy.

   It was time for a break for this Mama so I headed out for a bit. Evie was kissing me through the storm door as I drove away which made it kind of hard to leave. My first stop was TJ Maxx and then Borders. I did not buy a thing but it was so nice not  to lug a stroller around or a 25 pound bundle of joy throughout the store. It felt great to sit and read magazines without any interripptions. I also made a list of some books that looked enticing  to add to my list at the library. Bookstores do a much better job marketing their books than libraries.

   On the way home, I ran into Home Depot and Publix. Oh my goodness, grocery stores at 5:00 on a Sunday afternoon are CRAZY! Not the best time to go if you are just running in quickly to get a few things. My little break did wonders for my attitude. I feel refreshed and ready for the week.

    Evie and Carl were playing outside when I got home. Carl had noticed where a car did a little turn around in our yard over the weekend. I heard it happen but it was in the middle of the night so I figured there was not much that I could do. Thank goodness, they turned around before hitting our house! Sweet Evie is asleep and Carl is mowing the grass. It's time to get dinner ready for us and prepare for the week ahead. Hope you had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!