Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Long Day!

I am not sure why but today has been the longest day in quite awhile. May have something to do with the fact that I did not go to bed until 11:30 last night which is WAY past my bedtime! Or maybe the heat index of 110. Or it could be trying to keep up with my Tennessee tornado. It's probably a combination of all of these reasons and more. Caffeine has been my close friend all day.

   Evie and I delivered the mail and newspapers to our neighbors who are moving to Hickory this morning. Carl took care of their tomatoes over the weekend so they rewarded us with the first tomato off the vine. It was so delicious! Evie felt comfortable enough to show the neighbors her belly button even though they call her Ava.

    Evie played the rest of the morning and I tried to get some energy but it never really happened. It was a totally unproductive day! After nap, we headed to GiGi's to meet Amy and Audra for cupcakes. Evie and I shared a Wedding Cake and it was so fabulous. Evie was so impressed that she kept trying to feed forkfuls to her friend who happens to be allergic to milk. Nice!

      We came home and poor Evie was sweating like crazy just from that little outing. Evie was thrilled to see her Daddy since she was probably pretty bored with me today. I was pretty thrilled to see him too! He's out in the sweltering heat mowing the grass but he still loves his one acre lot. Evie and I did a video chat with my parents and brother. Evie tried kissing the screen and wanted to grab a ball from her Ipop. I am sure she was wondering what in the world was happening. Evie is down for the count. Dinner will be leftovers because it's just too hot to cook. Anything above 100 and my energy is sapped  so we are keeping it simple! I did bring a sweet treat home for Carl. Maybe he will share a few bites of his Texas Milk Chocolate cupcake.

2 comments:

  1. This hot weather is zapping my energy too. Hope you have a better day tomorrow, I am hoping to have a productive day. Those cupcakes sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing like that sweet little "after-bath" wet hair! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!