Tuesday, October 20, 2009

9 Month Check Up!

We started our day very early this morning at the eye doctor. Evie tried so hard to be good and we were there almost 2 hours. She did really well and only cried once while the doctor was checking my eyes. Luckily, the doctor thought she was pretty cute. The nurse even brought her friends in to meet Evie and to show them her snack trap. We got the snack trap as a gift and this morning seemed like a great day to try it out. I was so proud of her because she picked it up very quickly and really enjoyed herself. Thank goodness for snacks!

Evie came home for her nap and I got a few things done. My to-do list is getting longer and longer! We went to run a few errands this afternoon. We saw a little girl while shopping and she said, "Baby!" Her mom, said, "No, that is a big girl." I wanted to stop her and say, "Yes, she is a baby." I guess she really is growing up. Carl said she is more like a little girl and less like a baby.

Evie was offered a cookie so I let her try it. She LOVED it and thought it was so much fun to eat at the store. I learned today that the Fresh Market has a policy that anything in the store is open for free samples - just ask. I knew the deli section offered this service but it applies to the whole store. Even packaged food - the baker told me this is something they are quite proud of as a company. It impressed me!
Evie had her 9 month check-up with Dr. B. Apparently, either she is shrinking or they measured her incorrectly in Nashville. That's another reason to switch to a new pediatrician. Evie weighs 18.5 and is almost 29 inches. Her head is still pretty tiny measuring in the 25th percentile. Her nurse told her that she had perfect proportions and Evie kept patting her while she was checking Evie. Such a sweet girl! We ran into our friends Michele and Jack in the waiting room. Jack is so big now and is running around. He will be a Big Brother in April. Now,we are at Nana and Ipop's house. Evie is having a BIG time crawling around and playing with the dogs. She was so tired and ready for bed. It's been a busy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!