Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Evie meets Baby James!

Evie only woke up one time at Ipop and Nana's house. I slept in my room and she slept in the guest room - that might be the trick.

We headed to Belton this morning to meet Baby James. Evie did great until we got off the interstate then she decided she could not wait any longer to meet her new friend. We stopped twice in the last 45 minutes. Once to get wipes, what kind of mother leaves for a day trip with two wipes. HA! It was so wonderful to meet James and see Lindsay and Mac as parents! They are doing a great job and learning to survive on less sleep than they ever imagined. Evie loved playing with Lindsay's mom, Jane. They played Pat a Cake and went to see the dogs. Evie LOVES dogs more each day so she enjoyed meeting Phyllis and Jumper. James is so tiny at about 6 pounds. He is so adorable and I had a great visit although quite short. New mommies need their rest so we only stayed a little bit. Evie thought James was pretty interesting. She pet him, she watched him eat and get his diaper changed. I can hardly remember Evie being 2 1/2 weeks old. It seems like so long ago!

Evie was worn out from meeting her new friend so she slept all the way home! YAY for Evie. We came home to play for a little bit and then we took a walk to Birkdale Village. I had a return to make and Evie decided to throw a puff in the store. She lost her puffs after that incident. Then we went to Poppie's. That's my very favorite store and it was good to see Joan. She always remembers my name and is so sweet. She was so excited to tell me that she just got back from meeting her fifth grandson, Owen.

We came home for Evie's playtime and dinner. She choked on her chicken. Scary, even though it's part of the learning process. I think she still prefers cheese over anything else. She did eat a little bread and some green beans. Now, she's asleep and I am not far behind her. It's been a LONG day. I will post more pictures of our trip to see the Horton's later!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my! Look at Evie with little James - SO sweet!!! I'm so jealous that you've gotten to meet him. He gets to meet his Aunt Susan this weekend too - he's a lucky boy! Can't wait to see more pics! :)

    --DC Prep

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!