Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Caterpillar Catchers!









Doesn't Evie look cute in her new jammies? Aunt Lindsay gave them to Evie for her birthday. They seemed so big but the reality is that Evie is big so I put them on her last night. My sweet little cupcake loves her cupcake jammies. Evie and I had a make-up class this morning at Kindermusik. It was not as fun without our friends. Evie noticed that her same friends were not there too. We went to lunch at Chick fil A after class. An older gentleman came over to talk with us and let me know that he had been observing Evie and had noticed how curious she was about everything. He told me that she was watching everything that I do. Evie thought he was pretty interesting too but then she decided to pat the lady's back that was sitting behind her. I think has excellent non-verbal communication skills.


Evie napped until 4:15 so I got a lot done around the house. Then we went for a walk to the park and played outside. Evie was very interested in the kids next door. They dashed over to show us their caterpillars. Caroline said they had 22 caterpillars and they were quite proud. Evie had so much fun checking out those fuzzy little things and even held one. Grace had named 8 of the caterpillars but I am thinking she was making those names up as she went. Her litany of names went something like this: Bob, Joe, No, So, Po, Lo, Zo and Do! At least her rhyming skills are up to par, I was pretty impressed! It seemed like she has more caterpillars than names. Evie and I had a great time playing with the kiddos. Erin, the little girl, down the street came over to see what was going on and Evie just loved her. Something tells me that we are really going to enjoy having so many children on our cul-de-sac.

Carl has a meeting this week in downtown Nashville so he brought home dinner for me and played with Evie for a few minutes. Evie was thrilled to see her Daddy pull in the driveway. She shrieks, waves and tries to get to him as quickly as possible. He is just as excited to see her. Carl had to head back downtown for a dinner meeting at the same restaurant that we went to on our date night! Evie was quite upset that Raffi could not take a bath with her. She and Raffi seem to be attached to each other at all times even mealtimes so bathtime was cut pretty short tonight so she could be reunited with Raffi. It's so cute especially when she hands Raffi to me for my turn to kiss him goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!