Monday, May 3, 2010

Sunshine!

It's been a beautiful, fabulous day in Nashville. Although, so many people are still trying to resolve the problems that the storm has left for us. I cannot begin to explain the magnitude of what has happened here but trust me the coverage does not do it justice.Opryland Hotel has ten feet of water in it and they had to evacuate 1500 guests. They could not find places for everyone to go and they had no food to serve. Not exactly the vacation that these people imagined for themselves.

    We were very lucky and consider water in the crawl space to be relatively minor especially compared to those who have lost their life or their home. I cannot imagine what it would be like to lose my home filled with all of my keepsakes. Would I have had time to grab my camera or my wedding album?  I am so grateful that I did not have to make that choice.

   Evie and I had a nice relaxing day at home. We made a quick trip to the grocery store and took a long walk through the neighborhood. Our area looks pretty good, there are only a few visible reminders of the storm. Carl got home and we enjoyed some time as a family. We grilled a delicious dinner and had fun playing with Evie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!