Thursday, February 25, 2010

Greenville!

Evie and I drove to Greenville for the day to meet Lindsay and Baby James for lunch. We had so much fun catching up at Red Robin. Oh how things have changed, it's harder to chat much less eat now that we have two little ones. James is the sweetest boy and is so beautiful. He looks just like Mac but that always changes. He slept through most of lunch and was so snuggly to hold. Evie thought he was really interesting. She liked pointing at him and patting him. We went to Barnes and Noble after lunch so Evie could run around some. She cleared a few shelves and played with the train table. I would love to live in Greenville one day to be closer to our families and all of our friends. It's such a cool place. They have done so much to make it a great place to live and work.

Evie and I met Poppy and She She for a super early dinner at California Dreaming. It was great to see them but it made us miss Carl more. He will meet us at my parents tomorrow. I think Evie is starting to remember people because she screamed with glee when she saw her grandparents and had so much entertaining them with all of her new tricks. I am pretty sure they were just as thrilled to see her sweet little face. It was much easier to meet in Greenville than Nashville. I'll post pictures later.

Evie has had so much junk today but it all balances out since she usually eats quite healthy. Restaurants could do a much better job with their children's menu. Usually, the choices are chicken tenders, hot dogs, mac& cheese and peanut butter sandwiches. It is improving from what I have heard because at least milk and fruit comes with most of the meals. We took a little cooler with us with some cheese, grapes, banana and crackers. I gave her some honeydew, yogurt and milk when we got home to round out all the fries, graham crackers and hot dog she consumed earlier.

Evie slept until we got to Kings Mountain. She made it pretty clear that Kings Mountain was not her favorite place. It's a good thing that I went to camp and have a wide range of songs to sing to my baby. I sang her a few songs and stopped to give her a cuddle which settled her down. She hopped right out of the car and started pointing at the moon. Evie is not out much at night so the moon was pretty exciting stuff.

Evie played with her grandparents and Uncle Ben! She has so much energy but she sure crashes at bedtime. I am so thankful for her daily 16 hours of sleep. Keep sleeping Evie, it makes your Mommy and Daddy so happy!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a busy and fun day. One of my nephews favorite things to do at night is look for the moon. If you don't have it already, you should get her the book Goodnight Moon

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!