Wednesday, February 3, 2010

What a Day!


Evie woke up on the wrong side of the crib but pancakes cheered her right up! She took a nice long nap and then we went to storytime at the library. The librarian's husband read the story today because it was his favorite to read to his daughter 35 years ago. It made me a little teary because I know Evie will be 35 before I know it. I'll be in some classroom, who knows where, reading Moo, Baa, La La and wondering where the time went with Evie. My daughter was so excited to be at storytime sitting next to a big girl. Sophia and Evie giggled at each other the whole time and kept patting each other. It was so cute. Mr. Al was not able to hold the kids's attention like his wife so storytime was a little chaotic. We even ran into another mommy that we know who lives in our neighborhood. I am starting to feel like we really live here now because I am running into people that I know while we are out and about.

Evie wanted to go to Chick fil A for lunch. That worked for me since our kitchen is a disaster zone! Evie's highchair is in our foyer. I packed a cooler for the day because I knew it'd be hard to get into the kitchen. The foyer is not the best place for meals and snacks with a toddler. After lunch, we came home to play a little. Evie is really into her books these days so we read a lot of books every day. Our house was getting very loud but Evie was ready for nap. She woke up after about an hour of sleeping and was not a happy camper at all. Evie was really annoyed that the house was so loud and she let everyone know it. I think all of the loud popping noises that the contractor was making putting the floors down was the problem. We took a peek into the kitchen so Evie could see what the commotion was about. That helped for a few minutes but she was still not loving the noise. Curtis told Evie that she was putting pins in his heart. They felt really bad but they were just doing their job. It's so funny that none of the other projects: a wet saw cutting tile, a sledgehammer taking down the soffit, the hammer on the doors has not bothered her at all! Maybe she will get used to it. I sure hope so because they did not make much progress today. We are going to have a long two days ahead of us. You can see from the pictures that Evie was not happy at all! Thanks Heidi for teaching me how to make a collage.

We headed out to Hobby Lobby to get a few craft supplies and then to a playdate. Thank you Amanda for your help getting me to the playdate. I am still learning my way around the area. I knew how to get to Hobby Lobby and I knew how to get to Carol's. However, getting to Carol's from Hobby Lobby was a bit of a fieldtrip. We did find a new Target along the way so that's always good. Evie was so excited to see her friend Cassidy. I think Cassidy was extra excited to see Evie because she tackled her like babies often do. It was so cute but Evie was not so sure about this extra love. She calmed down after a few minutes. Evie's favorite part of the playdate was Cassidy's dog. She thought he was just wonderful and followed him everywhere. Who cares about friends when there is a cute doggie around? I am so glad that Evie loves dogs but she may need a little guidance about meeting new animals. She has no fear at all and is convinced that all dogs love her as much as she loves them. We had a great time visiting with everyone. It was so nice because Evie walked over to see a few friends and then crawled back to me. I had a chance to catch up with some of the moms that I had not seen in awhile. She was enjoying herself and loved sharing a Valentine day cookie with me.

Evie discovered that she has the same lawnmower as Cassidy. I have never seen Evie take much interest in her lawnmower but she was so happy to mow the grass when we got home. It entertained her for quite a bit but goodness it makes a lot of noise. I moved her highchair back in the kitchen for dinner. Eating in the foyer is way too much work for me. We will be so glad when this kitchen project is complete!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. So grateful for your comment on my blog that lead me to you! What a precious family ... I cannot wait to follow along! And OF COURSE ... that fruit tea and chicken salad roll was from The Puffy Muffin. I trust we have lots more in common!
    Love & Blessings from Hong Kong,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. The collage looks great!

    What a project you've got going on at your house...I can't say I'd be pleased about all that racket either. We have a trip to Hobby Lobby planned for today or tomorrow. ;) One of my "ten in 2010" is to be more crafty. We'll see how long that lasts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jen! We're having a girl so pass along any wisdom you've got!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!