Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day!







Evie and I wore our green today! I just love Evie's outfit and cannot wait for her to wear spring clothes. I took Evie to the doctor this morning . . . just to be on the safe side. She has a clogged ear from excess wax buildup! How does that happen to a one year old? Treating this is going to be really fun when I squirt lukewarm water mixed with alcohol inside her ear. It's almost completely clogged which could impact her hearing.

Fussy baby makes for a tired Mama! I did not sleep well last night so that made for one LONG day. She napped for a little bit and then we had some friends over for a St. Patrick's Day playdate. I made cupcakes with green frosting! My sweet friend, Susan, shared her frosting recipe which is from the Magnolia Bakery in NYC. We sampled cupcakes there for Susan's bachelorlette weekend and it seem like so many years ago. It was less than three years ago but everything prior to Evie feels like another lifetime. Evie enjoyed having some friends over. We had 6 kids under the age of 2 which made for a busy house. I enjoyed chatting with all the moms and it was a nice break for me from entertaining Evie. Bring out the snacks and they all decide that they are hungry! The babies ate goldfish, puffs and cheerios instead of cupcakes. I took the leftover cupcakes next door - their kids were so excited.

Evie and I went for a walk which is a good thing since I enjoyed four cupcakes! Not sure what got into me but I making a nice healthy salad for dinner and am planning to hang out on the couch.

Remember my post to Mr. Stride Rite - well Mrs. Stride Rite wrote me an email asking me for more information about my experience. Now, that is customer service. Remember when this happened with Comcast. I am guessing blogs are making for some really good advertising these days and companies have to stay on top of things. Just for the record, I LOVE Stride Rite shoes and think they are worth the money. Evie is just a busy bee and would find a way to take any shoe off her sweet little foot. Soon it will be time to get some Easter shoes.

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Hope you wore your green to keep the pinchers away.

1 comment:

  1. Jennifer--the second picture of Evie on the fireplace. I am DYING!! She is unbelievably adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!