Monday, March 29, 2010

What a day!

It's been one of those days. You know the kind of days where you are busy all day but at the end you are not really sure what it is that you did. Things that I do around these days cannot be checked off any lists or written on a calendar. Instead, they will be precious memories for me in the years to come. My house is a total disaster with three loads of laundry sitting on the floor , bathrooms in need of cleaning, a stack of clothes to be ironed and I did not even make it to the grocery store until 5:30, never a good idea to try to keep up with the tired, cranky people who have been working at their real jobs all day.

I had so much fun with Evie today! She makes me happier than I ever imagined but she continues to be more work every day! Today, I just let most everything go around the house and soaked in being Evie's mommy. We tickled, jumped on the bed, ran around outside, had friends over, sang songs, blew bubbles, crawled through tunnels and laughed a lot! There's nothing better than that but the exhaustion is something that I have never experienced either. Each stage brings new challenges, somethings get easier but other things get harder. Being a mom is hard, much harder than I ever imagined! It's so reassuring to hear their stories and know that I am not the only one experiencing the adventure of a lifetime. Mom friends are the best - I am not sure what I'd do without them.

1 comment:

  1. I'm working on letting things go around here....lucky for me, Molly still naps 2x/day so I can still most of the housework done. You just reminded me that I planned to clean the bathroom today (added that to my list while I was IN the shower!) and so I must walk away from the computer before Peaches wakes up!

    Hope you have another fun day with Evie!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!