Saturday, June 25, 2011

38 Weeks!

Baby Size: Baby Boy is more than 19.5 inches and 6.8 pounds. He is the size of a leek.  (Thank you Baby Center)
Total Weight Gain: 23 pounds
Maternity Clothes: Yes, although some of them are too small!  I did get a new tank that can be worn later too.
Gender: It's a BOY! He has a complete name or two. We are 95% sure but boys names are a lot harder than girl names. We want it to be cute for a little boy but still work when he is a man.
Movement: Baby Boy moves a lot at night just like his sister but not so much during the day. Carl still loves feeling all of his body parts move across my tummy. He has sharp elbows!
Sleep: I am tired all the time but it can be tricky getting comfortable with this big belly. I take naps most days for about an hour or so which helps me feel so much better. Notice the time of this blog - I cannot sleep!
What I Miss: Being able to bend down and carry Evie easily. I still do it but it's a lot harder these days.
Cravings:  Simply Pink Raspberry Lemonade - I even bought it at Costco since my consumption is way up but the other members of my family drink it too!
Symptoms: Tired, Hot and Moody!
Best Moment: I went to buy some wine for Carl and picked up a bottle for myself while I was there. They had just told someone on the phone that they would hold all bottles of this particular wine for the person to pick up. One of the managers overheard me asking for the same bottle and the other cashier was trying to convince me to go for something else. I told him no problem that I could just come back later because I had already waited 9 months and wanted the real deal. Manager said, "Just sell her a bottle of what she wants and we will just say our inventory was off." I am so sorry that someone only had 23 bottles waiting for them but am so happy my bottle is happily chilling in the fridge. Manager had a three week old daughter so he is probably still used to crazy pregnant women! I liked this experience way more than last week when I was looking for a Father's Day present for Carl and the man told me it looked to him like a new baby might be the Father's Day present.

1 comment:

  1. bwhahaha, I can't believe the sales clerk said that you about Father's Day. BUT I do love that you were able to get a bottle of wine to save for after baby boy gets here. If it's that good, I must know what kind it is. Do share!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!