Saturday, June 18, 2011

Lightning Bugs!






Evie gave us a wonderful surprise this morning by sleeping until 9. It was so nice getting some extra sleep this morning especially since I was not feeling well. I am doing better now but am still thinking Baby Boy will be arriving before July 9.

   Carl tried to take Evie for a jog but they saw a HUGE black cloud so they came back home. It started pouring within minutes of their return so that was a smart decision. We hung out at home reading up on Braxton Hick contractions and Evie played around the house. Carl took Evie to get us some lunch. You should have seen her outfit. It was so fashionable - a fun Lilly skirt, a white t-shirt, pink crocs, a pink seersucker belt and a pair of goggles around her neck. It was pretty funny but she chose the entire ensemble so it worked for a trip to Heavenly Ham. Evie was so funny when she got back telling me she left something in the truck. I said that we'd get it out of the car and she said, "No, mommy that Daddy's truck not car." I am sure it will not be the last time that she thinks that I have no clue about something. We could not believe it but Evie took a nap even after sleeping so late this morning. She slept from 1:30- 5:00. I sure would love another good sleeper like Evie!

    I took a nap and then ran out to do a few things around town. Carl grilled some chicken and we ate dinner together before heading out to Baskin Robbins for some ice-cream. Evie chose strawberry but wanted to share with us too. I love ice-cream but strawberry ice-cream is not anywhere close to my favorite.

      We played outside with Evie and let her chase after the lightning bugs. She loved it and thought it was so much fun. It's so fun to see her experience new things and see the pure joy in her face. She took a sink bath before heading up to bed. We had to peek out the window one more time so she could tell the lightning bugs good-night.

1 comment:

  1. I am loving all your pictures and all the cutie little outfits!!! Sounds like you guys are getting ready for the little mister! I can't wait to see pictures of him! Cilla has just gotten into her Bitty Baby and I think it is so so cute! Our two girlies need to meet up sometime!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!