Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Splish, Splash!

Evie woke up asking to go to the pool this morning. I told her last night that we would be going to a pool play date and she made sure that I did not forget to take her.

She was very cooperative all morning with the major production that is required to get a toddler to the pool: sunscreen, towels, snacks, water, pool toys, swimmies, goggles etc. We made it! Evie was very concerned that the boys car was not in their driveway when we were leaving. I told her they were already on their way.

  We had a nice morning at the pool! It was interesting to see the moms with two kids trying to balance it all because that will be me next summer. One mom brought a mother's helper which seems like a great idea. Evie liked the mother's helper too!

   We came home and Evie jumped in the sink for a quick bathtime. She loved taking a bath in the sink. We had lunch and then it was my favorite time of the day - naptime! Evie slept until 4:30 after her morning at the pool. She decided it'd be fun to take another bath after lunch so she convinced me it was a good idea too.

   EVie was so happy to see Carl when he got home. She had not seen him since Sunday night since he left before she woke up and got home after she went to bed. We are trying to do a few last minute things around the house so I better run!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks getting to the pool, or anywhere sometimes, is a production. I hope your pain has been better. I had a mystery pain in my stomach while pregnant the last few months and would leave school in tears. Luckily school got out and I did a lot of laying that last month. I doubt you do much laying so I hope it's subsided.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!