Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Playing Sister

Have you noticed that Evie will put anything on her head as a hat these days? Evie and I stayed home today practicing what it will be like to be home a lot in a few short weeks. I was out and about with Evie within 10 days or so  but it may be different this time. Not sure, if I am going to feel like wrangling Evie and a tiny baby out in this heat. We kept busy playing dolls, kitchen and my favorite straightening things up. Evie found an old bib that my childhood friend Courtney made her when she was born and decided that it would make the perfect skirt! It did look pretty cute on Evie as a skirt.

   I asked Evie what she wanted to do this morning and she told me that she wanted to "play sister." She said she was going to play sister with her brother. That just made me smile! Evie already goes in her brother's room and says, "night night" to him and checks to see if he is in the crib.

    We read lots of books just like we do everyday and I was thinking about Evie already has so many reading concepts down pat. Now, I am not saying she can read because that's certainly not the case but she holds the book correctly, turns the pages in the right order, "reads" from left to right, states the title, retells the story and closes every book with a hearty "AMEN." It made me a little sad because I have taught children who could not do those simple things on the first day of school. Evie has more books than some small libraries and is exposed to so many different experiences.  I could do lots more with her too but for right now we are just having fun exploring words together. We were reading a book about bunnies and she looked up at me and said, "Mommy, I like bunnies. Do you like bunnies?" It was such a sweet part of my day but not nearly as sweet as when she wrapped her little arms around my neck and told me she loved me. That's the best feeling!

 It was about to storm (again) so we decided to have a picnic in the den for lunch. She loves to have picnics and even plays picnic with her babies. Evie has her particular way of setting the stage for her picnics and has to have the blanket just so while using cloth napkins for her babies. I am telling you this girl can wear me out. Evie was exhausted by nap time. Sweet girl told me it was time for her nap. Evie, said, "I love that nap time." Me too, Evie, I could not agree more!

    I did a few things around the house and Carl came home to be with Evie while I went to my doctor appointment. He decided to snap this picture just in case they decided to admit me this afternoon.  We decided not to let her wake up to a sitter again since that did not go so well!  It's getting closer and soon we will have a baby boy in our family. We are so excited!

4 comments:

  1. What did the doctor SaY??? You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it melts your heart that Evie wanted to play sister! How cute is that?!?! You look great, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny Evie found the bib and used it for a skirt! You look amazing, Jennifer! Hope you are feeling well in these final weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Evie is a doll. You look amazing. I can't believe you are about to have a baby. I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!