Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Sleeping, Sitting and Southpark


Today was the busiest day we have had in a really LONG time. Evie slept until 8:30. Then she ate her bananas which she LOVES. We cleaned out the bathroom cabinets so that the movers do not pack our junk. Some stuff has not been used since the last move - obviously we have way too many products.

Evie went back down at 10:30 until 12:30 and I spent that time trying to figure out what we need for our temporary move. Carl found a great condo for us - well, it's in a great location. Lots of people responded to my ad on Craig's List so there are a lot of people out there like us. This place will work beautifully until we figure out what to do and Carl's company is nice enough to take care of this for us until our home sells. It's a mile from Gymboree and they just revamped there schedule so they have several slots for both Level 1 and 2. I love Gymboree and think it will be a great way for Evie and I make to some new friends. We will miss all of our friends here in Charlotte so much especially sweet Paisley!

Evie LOVES sitting. She is constantly moving and I am on the go trying to keep her from banging into things. We went to Chick fil A for lunch and Evie was so sleepy. I did not hear a peep out of her. She took a nap on the way to the doctor. Evie was fabulous at the doctor. Nurse Susan wants to take Evie home with her and Evie was fascinated by Dr. P's loud boming voice. She just stared at him like he was really funny! Mama, does not think he is so funny but she thinks he is really nice! My doctor is across from Southpark so of course we had to make a trip over there. It'd be a shame to drive all the way there and not even stop at the mall.

Before I was a mom and I'd think about how my life would be with Evie, I imagined a lot of shopping trips. Evie has other plans! She likes shopping for about 1 hour and then she says, "Mama, take me home now!" so that I get her point right away. Evie did love the piano player at Nordstrom - she thought the lady was really nice. She was quite talented because she was making faces at Evie and playing the piano at the same time. Evie liked watching me eat my chocolate chip cookie - no trip to the mall is complete without a sweet treat. She was so sleepy that she fell asleep before we left the parking lot.

When we got home, we were so excited to see our Ipop was here waiting on us. He had an appraisal in the area and stopped by to see us. Ipop got to see Evie sitting up like a big girl. We will miss seeing Ipop on his little visits! There are lots of things we will miss about living here but the best part is we will all live together as a family again. Carl is really excited! It gets lonely being by yourself all the time in a new city. He can't wait to show us all around Nashville. We will have fun exploring it together.

Thanks Dad for the chicken! I did not have a plan for dinner and now it's done. My housewife skills have taken a back seat lately. Carl landed a little while ago in Charlotte but there was a slight crisis with work so he had to take care of it at the airport since he needed to access his computer. Lots of things go wrong with tires when it's hot. Bad for trucking companies but good for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!