Sunday, January 3, 2010

Peek a Boo!


It is so cold here. Seriously the coldest that I ever been in my life. It was 14 degrees this morning and the high was 24. Now, that's cold people! If it's going to be this cold, it would be a lot more enjoyable if it could snow. It's easier just to stay home because Evie does not want to turn into an ice-cube. She still has a runny nose that may be here until spring.
We did not get out much today except for a quick lunch at Puckett's. It's always fun to take out of town company there. Carl and I both had fried chicken. We have had more fried chicken in 6 months of living in Tennessee than in my entire 2.5 years living in Charlotte. It's so good but not the healthiest choice. Nashvillians still exercise even in the frigid temperatures. I am looking for a place where I can walk Evie and be indoors. We think the local rec center will be the perfect fit but it's too cold to go check it out. I am willing to dash from the car to a warm restaurant but not willing to dash into a gym. Makes no sense but it's true.

We used our new webcam to have a conversation with Ipop and Nana this afternoon. It was so fun and seemed like they were right there. My mom was laughing because she did not have her make-up on but she still looked great! Evie was excited to see them and her dogs.

Evie was pretty fussy this afternoon. I really hope that she is just teething and not a change in personality. She has so much drool that her clothes are constantly soaked. Poor thing!

I made the chicken and wild rice soup that was posted last week on the easy meals for moms blog. It was the perfect dinner for this COLD evening! Evie is going to take Uncle Ben to her Gymboree class in the morning. We will need some layers but it will be good to get out of the house. Stay warm! Cold weather is the perfect time for a steamy cup of hot chocolate.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you about the snow thing...if it's going to be bone-chilling cold it should at least be snowy and pretty to look at! ha!

    And yes, I too would absolutely LOVE to find a way to get out and walk around with the kids INDOORS. It want it to be sightseeing for them and exercise for ME. :)

    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!