Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Catch Up

We have been super busy these last two days! Carl had to go to Greensboro yesterday for a luncheon for work. My mom came to hang out with me and Evie for the day. Alicia came over to visit for awhile. I know my mom enjoyed seeing Alicia - Evie did too!

We went to Davidson to look around in the little shops and to go to lunch. Evie had a great time playing with her straw while we ate lunch. We were looking for a smocked Christmas dress for Evie's photo shoot in October. It will be here before we know it so I decided to start looking. I kept Evie up in the afternoon so she'd sleep in the car. We took her for a little walk so she could make it through the afternoon. Evie showed her Nana how she drinks water from a sippy cup. My mom told Evie she does not have that much fun drinking her ice-water. Evie was kicking and smiling the whole time. Thank you Nana for coming to see us!

Carl got home and we left around 3:30 Central much later than we had anticipated but it went really well! Evie slept for the first part of the trip and woke up right before we stopped for dinner at Cracker Barrel in Newport, TN. She played and entertained us during dinner. It was beautiful watching the sunset while we drove towards Nashville. Evie got fussy for a few minutes but then went straight to sleep. She slept all the way home! We got back about 10:30 and Evie went right back to sleep. I do not like traveling in the dark but it seemed to work for Evie.

We woke up bright and early this morning to go to MOPS for our first meeting. I was nervous because this was my first time leaving Evie with anyone. She did not cry when I left her which is amazing because she cries when I leave to do anything! Ms. Carol said she cried off and on then went to sleep for 20 minutes in her stroller. They rolled her around to get her to sleep. Evie loves kids so that helped a lot. She was crying when I picked her up which was sad. Evie was so happy to see me! She had her Raffi in her hand and the teacher said she held it the whole time I was gone. Eventually, this will get easier for me and for Evie. It's good for both of us! I enjoyed the group and met some nice new people. We made fabric covered binders which turned out really cute. I will take some pictures to post. Evie made a new friend named Evelyn. She is only 10 weeks old but Evie thought she was really cute. There were 4 other babies that are 7 months old so that was fun to see how different they all are. Thank you Krystal for encouraging me to join MOPS. Can't wait to see you when you are here for the conference in a few weeks.

Evie was ready for her nap when we got home. We played a little and put away all of the stuff that we brought back yesterday. Nothing too exciting but I am hoping for a relaxed day tomorrow! Carl and I are totally exhausted and ready for bed. It's only 8:20 but it's lights out at the Niemeyer Nest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!