Monday, August 24, 2009

Happy First Day of School

I hope everyone has a fantastic first day of school tomorrow! It's always so exciting to start the new year. I love the beginning full of of so much to look forward to, getting to know your new students and lots of energy. It's also the best time to get to know your fellow teachers before the real craziness sets in about October.
Evie and I went to storytime this morning and the story was If you take a Mouse to School. That was always one of my favorites to read on the first day to my sweet little first graders. Evie seemed to really enjoy it!
Teachers you are doing important work and making a difference in the life of a child! What an awesome responsibility. I think it will be a little bittersweet for me in the morning. It's my first time not having a first day of school in my life but at the same time I feel so blessed to be able to stay home with my little Evie. I'll be teaching when I am 80 to make up for this time at home but it is worth it. Wish I was still in the area so I could drop in and read a book or grade some papers - that might just do the trick. Make this a great school year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!