Monday, June 15, 2009

Playgroup and Pimento Cheese

Evie and I hosted playgroup today. We had a great time with six babies and six mommies! It's hard to hold a baby and eat so we decided no more food at playgroups. It makes it easier on the host too! Evie had a lot of friends here. She loves having people her size here to visit. Dru, Paisley, Carter, Kayd, and Jenna came to playgroup. Carter, Paisley and Evie's mommies all met in our childbirth class. Everyone else we have met through Gymboree. We have decided to have playgroup each Monday. Fun times for everyone. All the mommies give such good ideas about everything from strollers, feeding questions and even carseats. It's good to get together with everyone!

Evie has been spitting up a lot today. YUCK! She has sat up a few times for about a minute or so. Maybe we are getting closer! Her new cups are on the way - I am hoping they will be the answer to our feeding issues.

Here's the recipe for the best pimento cheese ever! It took me 3 trips to the grocery store because I have lost all of my short term memory and then I doubled the cheese but nothing else. Candice's mom makes it much better than I do but it still turned out pretty good.

1/2 pound of cheddar cheese, shred by hand - Carl did this for me!
4 oz. of pimento, do not drain liquid
1/4 cup of mayo
1 T. of lemon juice
1 tsp. of Worchestire sauce
a few shakes of Tabasco
salt and pepper to taste

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!